Santa Barbara Attorney | John H. Haan
Phone: (805) 963-9721
Fax: (805) 966-3715
Download Profile as PDF
Mr. Haan chairs Rogers, Sheffield and Campbell, LLP’s Wine Law Group and practices in the areas of business law, real estate law, and wine law. He advises his wine industry clients on grape purchase agreements, custom crush arrangements, alternating proprietorships, distribution agreements, regulatory compliance, and tied house issues.
Mr. Haan also advises his clients on business entity selection and formation, sales and acquisitions of businesses, intellectual property issues, internet related transactions, contract negotiations, issues related to non-profit organizations, residential and commercial real estate transactions, common interest developments, and land use. In addition to his transactional practice, Mr. Haan is experienced in all aspects of civil litigation and represents clients in business, real estate, and winery/vineyard related disputes. Mr. Haan’s balance between his transactional and litigation practice provides him with unique insight into his clients’ issues.
Mr. Haan is a native of Santa Barbara County. He received both his undergraduate degree and law degree from Pepperdine University. While in law school, Mr. Haan was a fellow of the Geoffrey H. Palmer Center for Entrepreneurship and the Law. Over the past ten years, Mr. Haan has been recognized for his accomplishments as an attorney. The Pacific Coast Business Times named him to the “40 Under 40” class in 2009 and to the "Who in Professional Services" list in 2015. Mr. Haan has written published articles on topics related to the wine industry, spoken at wine related events, and is a member of the Santa Barbara County Vintners’ Association.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Wine and Vineyard Law
- State Bar of California, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2007
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., 2005
Fellow of the Geoffrey H. Palmer Center for Entrepreneurship and the Law, 2003-2005
- Pepperdine University, B.S., 2001
Pro Bono and Professional Activities:
- Board Member, Catalyst for Thought, 2009 – Present
- Member, Inns of Court, Santa Barbara, California, 2008
- Member, Santa Barbara County Bar Association
- Member, Santa Barbara County Vintner's Association
Honors and Awards:
- Recipient of Pacific Coast Business Times’ “40 Under 40” award, 2009
- Pacific Coast Business Times’ "Who's Who in Professional Services", 2015